Have you ever been bothered by seeing submissions/deviations by certain users while browsing deviantART? Now you can quickly and permanently hide deviations from any user! After installing this script, simply click the "Hide User's Deviations" link below any deviation to filter that user. You can choose to use placeholders for hidden deviations, or you can choose to hide the deviation entirely.
Installation & Usage
1.) Install the script (deviantART Filter User Script
) for Firefox and/or Chrome
2.) Visit any "browse" page of deviantART (i.e. any page that shows deviations from multiple users)
3.) Click the "Hide User's Deviations" or "Hide Category's Deviations" links that appear beneath the deviation from a user/category you wish to filter/block
4.) Use the "Manage Filters" button that appears in the upper right corner of any "browse" page to access the settings or unhide users/categories
: When this setting is checked, all filtered deviations will be replaced with a placeholder. When this setting is unchecked, all filtered deviations will be hidden completely
25 January 2015 - <a
- Bug fix for case insensitive filtering of deviations by username
24 January 2015 - v1.5
- Added ability to manually add users to filter list by name and/or ID
- Added ability to add user to filter list directly from their profile page
- Bug fixes for blank/empty usernames and/or user IDs
- Simple deviantART Modal Plugin now allows specifying the footnote/credit HTML (which was previously hard-coded)
17 January 2015 - v1.4
- Moved to repo.ryanthaut.com/userscripts… due to Userscripts.org no longer functioning
- Added ability to filter deviations by category
- You can leave the stable version installed, but you should definitely disable it while using the beta version.
- The beta version does NOT work with your previous filters, so even if you leave the stable version installed, you will need to re-filter users.
- The beta version does NOT support adding or removing users from the Manage Filters screen. That will be working in the next few days.
- The beta version does NOT support category filters (yet). That is next on my list, once I have user filtering in a good place.
- As with all betas, your feedback is very much appreciated, but things are likely broken, so please be patient and understanding.