DeviantArt Filter v5 is Nearing Completion
This is a total rewrite. Now that Add-Ons for Firefox and Extensions for Chrome are 95% identical, I am finally able to convert this to something much more powerful than it could ever be as a user script.
Here are some current screenshots:
(Apologies if your name is in those screenshots - its nothing personal. Those are 100% unedited screenshots from my test build, using test import data, and I didn't want to replace/obscure anything.)
Some of the new features include:
- Tag Filtering (y'all really were persistent with this request)
- Category Filtering (hopefully - I haven't started working on the UI for this yet)
- Sorting and paging through filters (for those of you with 1000s of filters)
- The export system now generates actual files for you, and the import system uses those files (including drag-and-drop)
- Full support for translations, although I will need the community to provide translations for languages other than English
- Performance improvements for just about everything
If you are interested in being an Alpha tester, let me know. At this point, the Alpha will probably be limited to just Mozilla Firefox, and will probably NOT automatically import your old filters. I'm looking for people who actually want to test it out (rather than just use it assuming everything works perfectly), and ideally people who can file bug reports with enough information for me to actually fix the problem(s).
I don't really have a timeline, and I don't exactly want to set any dates, but rest assured that I really want to get this shipped.